Not gallant: he was an ungallant swine for not coming to her aid
More example sentences
- We refuse to rise to this slur on reputations of the likes of her and other undomestic goddesses; suffice to say that the ungallant man should be so lucky.
- She establishes beyond doubt that he was a conceited careerist and ungallant husband, but doesn't necessarily prove that his work was ‘kitsch’ and ‘trash’.
- I think it is probably polite just to ignore Mr Jowett's rather ungallant assertion that I am naïve and his suggestion that I am a hypocrite.
- Example sentences
- ‘She'll try to sleep with you,’ they said, somewhat ungallantly.
- The clerk pauses to greet two bulkily clad, dot-faced women wary of crossing the slippery road, but ungallantly fails to raise his regulation top-hat.
- Rumours circulated that other attempts to photograph the families together had been foiled when McConnell ungallantly jumped behind Wark.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|gal¦lant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.