Definition of ungallant in English:
Not gallant: he was an ungallant swine for not coming to her aid
More example sentences
- We refuse to rise to this slur on reputations of the likes of her and other undomestic goddesses; suffice to say that the ungallant man should be so lucky.
- She establishes beyond doubt that he was a conceited careerist and ungallant husband, but doesn't necessarily prove that his work was ‘kitsch’ and ‘trash’.
- I think it is probably polite just to ignore Mr Jowett's rather ungallant assertion that I am naïve and his suggestion that I am a hypocrite.
- 1ungallantly adverb
- Example sentences
- ‘She'll try to sleep with you,’ they said, somewhat ungallantly.
- The clerk pauses to greet two bulkily clad, dot-faced women wary of crossing the slippery road, but ungallantly fails to raise his regulation top-hat.
- Rumours circulated that other attempts to photograph the families together had been foiled when McConnell ungallantly jumped behind Wark.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.