Definition of ungentlemanly in English:
Not appropriate to or behaving like a gentleman: an ungentlemanly lack of sportsmanship
More example sentences
- His student team was not allowed to kick for touch and the style was running and passing; ungentlemanly conduct was unthinkable.
- It is a matter for referees to enforce the regulations and deal with anything regarded as ungentlemanly conduct.
- Causing murders, although not technically prohibited by any FIFA edict, would almost certainly constitute ungentlemanly conduct.
- Example sentences
- But what struck me about the Senator-elect's ungentlemanliness was that he seemed to be proud of it.
- As I walked back with the glasses, he reached for his drink with uncharacteristic ungentlemanliness.
- I likewise tender my sincerest apologies for the ungentlemanliness of my late behavior.
Definition of ungentlemanly in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan