- Impossible to control or govern: an ungovernable sexual impulse the country had become ungovernableMore example sentences
- It makes us question the balance between human control and the heretofore ungovernable forces we deemed natural.
- Someone unruly was ungovernable or disorderly; the modern sense is a weakening of this.
- What is clear is that the photograph, in the editor's own words, fitted into an editorial view that portrayed Iraq as ungovernable and chaotic.
- More example sentences
- The character's professional success, however, is a denial of the very assumption on which this entire genre rests: the wayward ungovernability of romantic fate.
- As of more than 20 days ago the Venezuelan people lead a National Civic Strike with the purpose of demanding a democratic solution to the current state of ungovernability.
- I want to appeal to all people of the Eastern Cape to avoid anything that would create an impression that we promote anarchy or ungovernability in the department.