Definition of ungovernable in English:
Impossible to control or govern: an ungovernable sexual impulse the country had become ungovernable
More example sentences
- It makes us question the balance between human control and the heretofore ungovernable forces we deemed natural.
- Someone unruly was ungovernable or disorderly; the modern sense is a weakening of this.
- What is clear is that the photograph, in the editor's own words, fitted into an editorial view that portrayed Iraq as ungovernable and chaotic.
- Example sentences
- The character's professional success, however, is a denial of the very assumption on which this entire genre rests: the wayward ungovernability of romantic fate.
- As of more than 20 days ago the Venezuelan people lead a National Civic Strike with the purpose of demanding a democratic solution to the current state of ungovernability.
- I want to appeal to all people of the Eastern Cape to avoid anything that would create an impression that we promote anarchy or ungovernability in the department.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan