- 1Not formally consecrated: unhallowed groundMore example sentences
- They'll bury the ashes in unmarked graves in unhallowed ground.
- The spirit of Jesus [challenged] class distinctions between the righteous few and the unhallowed many.
- The book says much of the author, it reads: ‘To the Irish men and women and children who lie in unhallowed grounds in the sugar cane fields of Barbados’.
- 1.1Unholy; wicked: unhallowed retributionMore example sentences
- Instead, her imagination led her to see - ‘with shut eyes, but acute mental vision ‘- ‘the pale student of unhallowed arts kneeling beside the thing he had put together.’
- Alas, Busteed failed to persuade the jury that his client's story was quite as true as it was interesting, and the fame of The Pickwick Papers has in fact outlived that of the roving and unhallowed lust of Mrs. Beardsley.
- In that unhallowed place centuries before, show trials were held, unjust and corrupt, and many innocents were sentenced to slow, twitching deaths on the gibbet.
More definitions of unhallowedDefinition of unhallowed in:
- The US English dictionary