- 1Not heard or listened to: my protests went unheardMore example sentences
- Miles tells the crazy, crazy story of the label's rise and fall with the aid of some largely unheard archive material.
- The inquest heard Mr Smith had gone home - unheard by his parents - and taken his motor bike out of the back garden.
- What will be heard will be her claim to be unheard when she, of all people, is always, always heard.
- 2 (unheard of) Not previously known of or done: it was unheard of for a boy to miss church wines from unheard-of villagesMore example sentences
unprecedented, exceptional, extraordinary, out of the ordinary, uncommon, unusual, unparalleled, unrivalled, unmatched, unequalled, singular, unique; unthought of, undreamt of, unbelievable, inconceivable, unimagined, unimaginable, unthinkable, implausible, shocking, outrageous• rare unexampledunknown, unfamiliar, new, little known, undiscovered, obscure, nameless, unsung, unheralded, groundbreaking
- Such a case against a victim of crime had previously been unheard of.
- Still, that level of connection actually holds out some possibilities for unification on a level previously unheard of.
- This will work wonders and boost their relationship to levels previously unheard of.
More definitions of unheardDefinition of unheard in:
- The US English dictionary