Definition of unheeding in English:
Not paying attention: Mary, unheeding, watched the television
More example sentences
- Land and Liberty is now the longest-lived Georgist project in history, but still it struggles to gain the attention of an unheeding world.
- ‘There's a time for everything,’ he continued Izz, unheeding.
- And T.S. Eliot's river in The Dry Salvages is an image of solid, unheeding toughness.
- Example sentences
- She was very young and she was pregnant; when she climbed up the mountain, the full basket on her head, her naked skin glowed with sweat and her bare feet trod unheedingly on stones and thorns.
- All of the other girls were sleeping peacefully, quietly, unheedingly.
- He blinked, and I placed his hands on the small of my back again, dropping the square of linen unheedingly.
Definition of unheeding in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan