noun (plural unica)• rare
- A unique example or specimen: the castle is not a unicum, it fits into the California tourist landscape with perfect coherenceMore example sentences
- They preserve many unica, especially the instrumental ensemble pieces in Eg.3665, and contain all his published music up to and including 16,12.
- The unicus / unicum shares the possible/impossible structure of the secret and the sublime.
- That is, Levi's Auschwitz as unicum embodies the aporia of an example that can never be exemplary, because it cannot be subsumed into its exemplar.
late 19th century: from Latin, neuter of unicus 'unique'.
More definitions of unicumDefinition of unicum in:
- The US English dictionary