- A theory that describes two or more of the four interactions (electromagnetic, gravitational, weak, and strong) previously described by separate theories.More example sentences
- For the remainder of his life he sought without success a unified field theory embracing electromagnetism, gravitation, and quantum mechanics.
- His aim was to unite relativity with the theory of electromagnetism and produce a unified field theory - the forerunner of today's theories of everything.
- On the contrary, he wanted nothing more than to find a unified field theory which not only would join together gravitational and electromagnetic forces but also would provide the basis for a new interpretation of quantum phenomena.
More definitions of unified field theoryDefinition of unified field theory in:
- The US English dictionary