Definition of unimaginative in English:
Not readily using or demonstrating the use of the imagination; stolid and somewhat dull: the production was plodding and unimaginative the audience proved sluggish and unimaginative he was an unimaginative leader
More example sentences
- I thought the responses by both men dull and unimaginative or, as Paul Lewis wrote, ‘lacking a big idea’.
- Perhaps it wasn't edge of the seat stuff, but neither was it deadly dull and wholly unimaginative.
- How simple and unimaginative does America's imagination have to be if it can be captured that easily with a horse!
uninspired, uninventive, unoriginal, uncreative, unartistic, commonplace, pedestrian, mundane, matter-of-fact, ordinary, usual, routine, humdrum, prosaic, workaday, run of the mill, (plain) vanilla;
stale, hackneyed, trite, derived, derivative, conventional, unadventurous, dull, banal, monotonous, lifeless, lacklustre, sterile, uninspiring, spiritless, vapid, insipid, bland, dry, barren, flat, stodgy
- Example sentences
- It was really a rather lazily researched and unimaginatively produced explanation for the demise of the pub as England's unique offering to the world of entertainment.
- Avoid room service - the burgers we ordered around midnight were badly cooked and unimaginatively (though speedily) served.
- Most of the major house builders now recognise that it is not sufficient to produce an unimaginatively designed house that lacks size or character.
- Example sentences
- In fact, the whole album smacks of unimaginativeness.
- Adulthood is being equated with unimaginativeness, as if childhood is the only realm of the imagination.
- The second fault I want to plead guilty to is carelessness in my statement of your view, and unimaginativeness in applying it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan