Definition of uninteresting in English:
Not arousing curiosity or interest: the scenery is dull and uninteresting
More example sentences
- Alex blamed his curiosity on his uninteresting, tedious and all-round boring life.
- It is all about texture and effect; the harmonic structure seems uninteresting, the rhythmic interest is minimal.
- Within this latter group lies cutlery, perhaps the most banal and uninteresting of eating-related subject matters.
unexciting, boring, dull, tiresome, wearisome, tedious, dreary, tiring, flat, lifeless, monotonous, humdrum, uneventful, slow, unvaried, repetitious, commonplace, colourless, bland, insipid, banal, dry, pedestrian, prosaic, hackneyed, trite, clichéd, stale
- Example sentences
- I'm particularly uninterestingly unbiased, except I associate science a bit more with women than men - think that's just because I get annoyed with most people seeing it the other way round.
- The site for the campus was rather uninterestingly flat, but the huge piles of earth created from the excavations for the buildings were used to create grassy mounds which have proved to be an interesting landscaping feature.
- The cold side salad of artichokes and grilled peppers is uninterestingly dressed with a sweet sauce, and the texture of the mashed potatoes is strange - slightly watery and lumpy.
- Example sentences
- It has an almost Zen-like quality of uninterestingness.
- Sorry about the uninterestingness of this chapter.
- All complaints against the uninterestingness of that and other sections may kindly be deposited in my mailbox.
Words that rhyme with uninterestingvisiting
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan