Definition of unironic in English:
- I hear from New York that unironic is the new ironic.
- Where today's celebration of nature uses language in an unironic slideshow of clichés the Romantics recognised only failure: words, corpses.
- But it's such an infuriatingly bland blend of pop-psychology, unironic platitudes and meandering rock, I wouldn't stop at politely sweeping it under the rug.
- Example sentences
- ‘We did not have time for drama,’ he says unironically.
- She wrote nice things about it and then compared my online presence to my actual presence, unironically demanding to know what had happened to ‘the ranting’.
- Unconscionable facial hair was involved, as were songs in which the male member was unironically compared to a pistol.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan