- I hear from New York that unironic is the new ironic.
- Where today's celebration of nature uses language in an unironic slideshow of clichés the Romantics recognised only failure: words, corpses.
- But it's such an infuriatingly bland blend of pop-psychology, unironic platitudes and meandering rock, I wouldn't stop at politely sweeping it under the rug.
- Example sentences
- ‘We did not have time for drama,’ he says unironically.
- She wrote nice things about it and then compared my online presence to my actual presence, unironically demanding to know what had happened to ‘the ranting’.
- Unconscionable facial hair was involved, as were songs in which the male member was unironically compared to a pistol.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|iron¦ic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.