- A lipoprotein membrane which encloses many cells and cell organelles and is composed of two electron-dense layers enclosing a less dense layer.More example sentences
- A cholesterol-containing unit membrane defines the cell body; however, there is no periplasm providing rigidity for the cell.
- The ER is made up of two unit membranes enclosing a lumen in between.
- The inner membrane composition is phospholipid with many integral proteins (as in bacterial unit membranes)
More definitions of unit membraneDefinition of unit membrane in:
- The US English dictionary