Definition of university in English:
noun (plural universities)
A high-level educational institution in which students study for degrees and academic research is done: I went to university at the Sorbonne his daughter is at university
More example sentences
- She was also a university student studying in a really interesting course.
- We hear a lot about how much it costs a student to get a university degree in the UK these days.
- So there is a vast amount of information that's available through academic research institutes or in universities.
the university of life
- The experience of life regarded as a means of instruction.Example sentences
- That is acquiring the knowledge which you will do well to put into practice as you travel to the next stage of your journey through the university of life.
- He brought the perspective of someone who is educated in the university of life.
- I didn't have the benefit of a great education as a young man, but the university of life and travel through golf has been an incredible thing for me.