verb[with object] • rare
- Separate or dislocate the joints of: grasp the head by the lower jaw and unjoint it at the atlas pointMore example sentences
- The branchial basket was braced against the body wall and unjointed, as in lampreys.
- Surgery on his left shoulder involved unjointing it and inserting a pin, leaving him with only partial use of that arm.
- The way it was injured made it necessary for me to unjoint the bone from my foot, too, but I did it, and there was considerable satisfaction in having performed my own surgical operation.
More definitions of unjointDefinition of unjoint in:
- The US English dictionary