- Not able to be shown to be right or reasonable: an unjustifiable restriction on their freedomMore example sentences
indefensible, inexcusable, unforgivable, unpardonable; uncalled for, unprovoked, without justification, without cause, without reason, unreasonable; regrettable, unacceptable, unworthy, remiss, blameworthy, culpable, unwarrantable; excessive, immoderate, unconscionable, outrageousgroundless, unfounded, without foundation, foundationless, baseless, without basis, unsupported, unsubstantiated, unconfirmed, uncorroborated, invalid, untenable, weak, shaky, flawed, defective
- Restrictions are simply unjustifiable on liberal grounds.
- They are apparently the last to know people turned to downloading in large part because of the outrageous and unjustifiable prices of CDs.
- I grant that this is real, but the risk they are proposing to take is excessive and unjustifiable.
- [sentence adverb]: they seemed, unjustifiably, to be taking things out on the studentsMore example sentences
- Inflation in house prices meant agents, who charge a percentage of the sale price, were earning unjustifiably large sums, she said.
- Farmers must prevent this by negotiating hard on beef prices and so prevent the factories dropping their prices unjustifiably.
- Compulsory licensing allows a country to contract a third party to manufacture a patented product if there are good reasons to do so (for instance if the government considers the price of a medicine unjustifiably high).