- 1Not having an official licence: unlicensed weaponsMore example sentences
- Upon the coming into force of that Act on 25 May 1999 the portrait artists continued to be unlawful unlicensed street traders.
- Ruetnarong was charged with first degree murder and illegal possession of an unlicensed weapon in a public place.
- To the plaintiff's knowledge the defendant was unlicensed and uninsured.
- 1.1chiefly British (Of premises) not having a licence for the sale of alcohol: unlicensed restaurantsMore example sentences
- ‘The potential for alcohol abuse is going to be far greater in unlicensed premises,’ she said.
- Teenagers opposed to Government plans to relax laws on gambling have welcomed a proposed ban on slot machines in unlicensed premises.
- But this version of the Booze Can is not connected to an unlicenced after-hours club that Joseph Morneau, an Iqaluit elementary school teacher and businessman, ran out of the same place in the late 1990s.
More definitions of unlicensedDefinition of unlicensed in:
- The US English dictionary