Definition of unlovely in English:
Not attractive; ugly: unlovely tower blocks
More example sentences
- Of particular beauty here, of course, is the use of utterly inappropriate terms to maintain the rhyme, which saw ‘gloat’ used as a noun directly above this unlearned and unlovely deformed child of a verse.
- Joy Episalla takes photographs of things that are inconsequential, unlovely and just plain boring.
- Being unlovely has been a deliberate strategy employed by all sides during the conflict, a way to terrorise and shock opponents and onlookers alike. There is the obviously appalling aspect of the troubles that left over 3000 people dead.
- Example sentences
- Thus, today's degraded society in Britain, under a socialist government which has intentionally pulled up the underpinnings of marriage and a home and a family with two married parents living in it, lumbers on in all its unloveliness.
- Because all the landmines and nasty surprises are going off in the backyards of those people who have chosen a life of unloveliness, we are told.
- What exactly is equally valid with sleaze, populism, and unloveliness, I wonder?
Definition of unlovely in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia