Definition of unlovely in English:
Not attractive; ugly: unlovely tower blocks
More example sentences
- Of particular beauty here, of course, is the use of utterly inappropriate terms to maintain the rhyme, which saw ‘gloat’ used as a noun directly above this unlearned and unlovely deformed child of a verse.
- Joy Episalla takes photographs of things that are inconsequential, unlovely and just plain boring.
- Being unlovely has been a deliberate strategy employed by all sides during the conflict, a way to terrorise and shock opponents and onlookers alike. There is the obviously appalling aspect of the troubles that left over 3000 people dead.
- Example sentences
- Thus, today's degraded society in Britain, under a socialist government which has intentionally pulled up the underpinnings of marriage and a home and a family with two married parents living in it, lumbers on in all its unloveliness.
- Because all the landmines and nasty surprises are going off in the backyards of those people who have chosen a life of unloveliness, we are told.
- What exactly is equally valid with sleaze, populism, and unloveliness, I wonder?
Definition of unlovely in:
- US English dictionary