verb (unmans, unmanning, unmanned)[with object] • literary
- Deprive of qualities traditionally associated with men, such as self-control or courage: sitting in the dock awaiting a sentence will unman the stoutest heartMore example sentences
- And it has nothing to do with the brilliance of my cinematography; it's just the fatally cute combination of slo-mo and acoustic guitar that unmans me.
- People may not have been consciously aware that the term flip-flop was meant to unman our war hero candidate, but it did so just the same.
- Art Miller became a man just as society was unmanning men like his New Yorker father.
More definitions of unmanDefinition of unman in:
- The US English dictionary