Definition of unmanageable in English:
Difficult or impossible to manage, manipulate, or control: his behaviour was becoming unmanageable at home
More example sentences
- Two loads from the bucket will fill the tank, however two full loads make the bucket unmanageable to lift and control the pour efficiently causing splashing.
- Caregivers identified lack of mobility and loss of bladder control most frequently as unmanageable symptoms.
- Little showed admirable poise trying to manage the unmanageable Red Sox bullpen.
troublesome, demanding, awkward, inconvenient;
uncontrollable, ungovernable, irrepressible, unruly, disorderly, rowdy, out of hand, wild, boisterous, difficult, disruptive, ill-disciplined, undisciplined, refractory, recalcitrant, intractable, impossible, obstreperous, fractious, wayward, incorrigible
- Example sentences
- Under such management, the rod may come to be the only alternative to absolute unmanageableness and anarchy.
- In such cases there is a history of unmanageableness at home, and, if the child is old enough, at school, of running away, destructiveness, lying, and very often pilfering in the home.
- The unmanageableness came from the size of the family.
- Example sentences
- This advantage has naturally allowed China to liberalize faster and spend more on urban renewal, improvements in infrastructure, and tourism development without worrying about its trade deficits growing unmanageably large.
- Robb's admirable determination to make ‘Europe’ mean more than ‘Britain and a variety of continental holiday destinations’ in fact makes his remit unmanageably wide.
- Here, single hillsides are known by a dozen names, each broken down into unmanageably small plots based on only minuscule differences in soil composition or their angle to the midday sun.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan