Definition of unmask in English:
Expose the true character of or hidden truth about: the trial unmasked him as a complete charlatan
More example sentences
- Now astrophysicists began to unmask the true character of the universe.
- Kashmir Herald is an attempt by Kashmiri Hindus to unmask the truths behind the mayhem perpetrated in the name of religion in the State of Jammu & Kashmir in India.
- Once the issues are fully exposed, the other half of me is going to drop a metaphorical barrel on the debate, allowing me to finally unmask the truth.
- Example sentences
- We are happy to report that there is no evidence to connect Howard, unmasker of CNN evil, with Rupert Murdoch.
- Heaven knows, even unmaskers may have their blind spots, and appearances may be seductively illusory.
- All are ready to play roles in Eisenheim's game: to be his accomplice, his stooge, his unmasker, his ruin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan