Not melodious; discordant: an unmelodious chorus of horns
More example sentences
- For the chorus, as throughout, she's joined by the unmelodious voices of the revellers.
- Then they tell me: ‘But when we go to the Shanghai Concert Hall, we hear mostly unmelodious noise which turns us off completely.’
- It made me realise why advertising tunelets are called ‘jingles,’ because it is jingling like a cluster of unmelodious bells in my brain.
- More example sentences
- And perhaps it's just as well he hasn't tried to balance words and music, as on the rare occasion when he does venture into the mechanics of Dylan's music his prose clanks unmelodiously.
- He lolled at his ease, humming, not unmelodiously, snatches of a rude song, and fingering a pack of cards.
- She muttered the title with a German accent and, as she did so, heard Greta herself come in, whistling unmelodiously between her teeth.