- Not typical of, suitable for, or connected with the military: a very unmilitary attitudeMore example sentences
- But there was one mistake - the statue showed the soldier in a most unmilitary posture with his hands clasped over the muzzle of his firearm.
- He designed a quiet, civic memorial without swords, cannons or battle standards, a graceful, simple, timeless and remarkably unmilitary monument to those who died in the world wars.
- The subject-matter of bks. 1-3, dealing with the civil wars between Galba, Otho, Vitellius, and Vespasian, is predominantly military, and it is for his handling of this material that Mommsen called Tacitus ‘most unmilitary of writers’.
More definitions of unmilitaryDefinition of unmilitary in:
- The US English dictionary