Definition of unneighbourly in English:
- I should add that this is not one of those cases familiar to the courts where neighbours behave in an unneighbourly and aggressive way towards each other.
- Can anyone put a good case for allowing unneighbourly neighbours to bomb tiles off a little old lady's roof whenever they feel like it?
- Officers have recommended the scheme should be refused on the grounds it would be unneighbourly and an eyesore.
- Example sentences
- Another man throws his garbage into the next-door lady's garden, and with a straight face complains about her unneighbourliness when she throws it back.
- People living in metropolitan cities bemoan the unneighbourliness of the neighbours.
- The unneighbourliness of resident Londoners is a growing problem for the hospitable city.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan