Not conspicuous or attracting attention: the service was unobtrusive and efficient
More example sentences
- So pure and yet teeming with cultural meanings, white is at the same time unobtrusive and attention getting.
- A quiet, unobtrusive presence, Recoing has been earning effusive praise for this role and rightly so.
- So the Government, too, has been operating in a quiet, unobtrusive manner.
self-effacing, retiring, unassuming, modest, demure, quiet, meek, humble;
shy, bashful, unconfident, timid, timorous, shrinking, diffident, insecure, reserved, withdrawn, introvert, introverted, reticent, unforthcoming, unpresuming, unpretentious, unaggressive, unassertive, mousy, low-profile
inconspicuous, unnoticeable, restrained, subdued, quiet, low-key, discreet, circumspect, understated, muted, subtle, played down, toned down, unostentatious, unshowy, relaxed, downbeat, out of sight, in the background
- Example sentences
- Maybe unobtrusiveness was what Gray was going for, but it is possible to be understated without being monotonous.
- Owen also provides plenty of poignancy, and does so with admirable unobtrusiveness.
- Don Corleone is a technicolour character who lives life with a blend of unobtrusiveness and swagger.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.