1Not put in order; disorderly.
- It accepts ordered and unordered lists without trying to enclose them in paragraph tags.
- In the liquid-unordered high temperature phase (fluid phase), hydrocarbon chain states are unordered and degenerate, and the crystalline order is lost.
- All characters were treated as unordered because there was no consistent criterion on which to order them.
2(Of goods or services) not ordered.
- According to the Federal Trade Commission's latest calculations, complaints about unordered merchandise and services skyrocketed 169% from 1998 to 2000.
- By February 1999, the warehouse system still couldn't track inventory, causing Department 56 to ship unordered merchandise, to fill and ship the same orders multiple times or to fail to ship orders completely.
- There aren't any definitive figures, but around three out of every four national papers are bought, unordered, from newsagents each morning.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|ordered
Definition of unordered in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.