- 1Not arranged in pairs.More example sentences
- Because of the odd number of marginals, a single narrow marginal remains unpaired.
- In hemichordates, the three adult coelomic cavities are derived from coelomic sacs that form around the gut of the larva (an unpaired protocoel and two pairs of sacs for the mesocoel and metacoel).
- Ground state molecular oxygen can be activated by excess energy, reversing the spin of one of the unpaired electrons to form singlet oxygen.
- 2Not forming one of a pair.More example sentences
- Single males arrive first, with pairs and unpaired females following.
- We examined philopatric behavior of previously paired and unpaired males to see whether specific sexual-selection pressures were related to the philopatric behavior of individuals.
- That Ovenbirds are monogamous, not all males are paired, and unpaired females are rarely observed, suggests female survival is lower than male survival.
More definitions of unpairedDefinition of unpaired in:
- The US English dictionary