- (Especially of language) contrary to the rules or procedures of parliament: an unparliamentary expressionMore example sentences
- What was being said was close to an imputation, and members cannot get around rules against unparliamentary language by circumlocution.
- I can't of course remember the title or the author, but I do remember it was set in the early 20 th-century federal parliament and involved lots of unparliamentary language of a colourful sort.
- Latham had a reputation for erratic behaviour, not consulting his erstwhile colleagues and for some of the most unparliamentary language ever entered into Hansard.
More definitions of unparliamentaryDefinition of unparliamentary in:
- The US English dictionary