Definition of unpitying in English:
Not feeling or showing pity: a flat, unpitying voice
More example sentences
- Aldo Rossi was one of the twentieth century's most tender and thoughtful writers about the city, so it is a paradox that his urban work was often exceedingly tough, inhuman and unpitying.
- Was there a heart beneath that unfeeling, unpitying character?
- The last element required for the success of the future hoax was a savage, unpitying streak which both of them had in abundance.
- Example sentences
- The conversation sticks with me; if I close my eyes, I can hear the inflections of his speech, the tone of voice that spoke unpityingly, straightforwardly, of his life.
- Her flesh was torn and raw and now unpityingly scorched on that side exposed to the caustic desert sun.
- The mingled rain and sleet fell unpityingly from above, while the ground beneath was covered with mud and water.
Words that rhyme with unpityingself-pitying
Definition of unpitying in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan