- Not feeling or showing pity: a flat, unpitying voiceMore example sentences
- Aldo Rossi was one of the twentieth century's most tender and thoughtful writers about the city, so it is a paradox that his urban work was often exceedingly tough, inhuman and unpitying.
- Was there a heart beneath that unfeeling, unpitying character?
- The last element required for the success of the future hoax was a savage, unpitying streak which both of them had in abundance.
- More example sentences
- The conversation sticks with me; if I close my eyes, I can hear the inflections of his speech, the tone of voice that spoke unpityingly, straightforwardly, of his life.
- Her flesh was torn and raw and now unpityingly scorched on that side exposed to the caustic desert sun.
- The mingled rain and sleet fell unpityingly from above, while the ground beneath was covered with mud and water.
More definitions of unpityingDefinition of unpitying in:
- The US English dictionary