- 1The state or quality of being unpleasant: they did not look like thugs, but their faces were stamped with unpleasantnessMore example sentences
- Rather, ‘feelings’ refers to a very specific quality: pleasantness, unpleasantness, or neutrality in an experience.
- The affective dimension of pain includes both the immediate feelings of unpleasantness associated with the painful sensation and negative emotions evoked by the pain.
- This quiet world of the monks is not without unpleasantness - there is heartache, murder, an accident and suicide.
- 1.1Bad feeling or quarrelling between people: she hated unpleasantness, though she wouldn’t back down from a fightMore example sentences
- I understand that people feel like - I mean, with so much hatred and unpleasantness in the world, why would you want to get in the way of people who love each other marrying each other?
- It is time to put behind all the disappointment and unpleasantness of the past 12 months, and get ready to begin the New Year with a resolution to always look at the brighter side of life.
- One of the problems of our current political scene is that the atmosphere is often of hostility and unpleasantness feeding on themselves.
More definitions of unpleasantnessDefinition of unpleasantness in:
- The US English dictionary