verb (unplugs, unplugging, unplugged)[with object]
- 1Disconnect (an electrical device) by removing its plug from a socket: she unplugged the fridgeMore example sentences
- Check that leads, plugs and sockets are undamaged and unplug all appliances.
- So you won't be plugging and unplugging the lights every night or forgetting to flip off the switch, you can buy an outdoor electric timer that turns your outdoor lights on and off automatically.
- Before Mike could think of anything else he reached behind the nightstand that both the phone and answering machine were plugged into and unplugged the answering machine.
- 2Remove an obstacle or blockage from: a procedure to unplug blocked arteriesMore example sentences
- For Torah study is the primary way to unplug spiritual blockage, and to remove barriers that prevent one from seeing the truth.
- If your contractor cannot unplug the stoppage in your service sewer, we will then meet with your contractor on-site.
- Does the Zep hair removal liquid really work to unplug the bath-tub drain stoppage?
More definitions of unplugDefinition of unplug in:
- The US English dictionary