- 1Not having a polished surface: his shoes were unpolishedMore example sentences
- Two unpolished stars surfaced through the lighted ones.
- Designers use marble with both polished and unpolished finishes.
- In every crystal shop, both the polished and the unpolished minerals are usually available, but what is the difference when using them for healing?
- 1.1Unrefined in style or behaviour: his work is unpolished and sometimes incoherentMore example sentences
unsophisticated, unrefined, uncouth, uncultured, uncultivated, coarse, inelegant, crude, crass, raw, rough, rough and ready, awkward, clumsy, gauche, graceless, tactless, insensitive, vulgar, philistine, uneducated; provincial, parochial, rusticslipshod, rough, crude, untidy, uneven, incoherent, defective, deficient, scrappy, sketchy, bitty
- It's played out in cinema-verité, all rough cutting, long track shots and, in the end, a distinctively and deliberately unpolished style.
- Save for a very unpolished Polish accent, Elizabeth Wilson is a sturdy Zofia.
- It was a little naïve and unpolished (the opposite of what Alice had thought it would be), but it was at the same time quite thrilling.