Definition of unpolled in English:
1(Of a voter) not having voted, or registered to vote, at an election.
- So the numbers of unpolled votes could be huge.
- Here are the dirty tricks: Sam Weller tells a tale of unpolled electors being stupefied with laudanum, waking only after the election was over.
- My guess is there are millions of unpolled Americans concerned with the downward moral spin of the United States, and who would perk up their ears at a strong third party.
2(Of a person) not included in an opinion poll.
- Lists a few cases during the campaign where there were moments of unpolled authenticity.
- An as big or bigger undercounted group might be the youth vote and maybe combined with expatriates, these unpolled groups might affect the election favorably for Kerry.
- Cereologists from abroad, dismayed at the psychological mess in Britain, came in with B, forward-moving perspectives, and an unpolled consensus was emerging: it was time to get back on course.
Definition of unpolled in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan