Definition of unpolled in English:
1(Of a voter) not having voted, or registered to vote, at an election.
- So the numbers of unpolled votes could be huge.
- Here are the dirty tricks: Sam Weller tells a tale of unpolled electors being stupefied with laudanum, waking only after the election was over.
- My guess is there are millions of unpolled Americans concerned with the downward moral spin of the United States, and who would perk up their ears at a strong third party.
2(Of a person) not included in an opinion poll.
- Lists a few cases during the campaign where there were moments of unpolled authenticity.
- An as big or bigger undercounted group might be the youth vote and maybe combined with expatriates, these unpolled groups might affect the election favorably for Kerry.
- Cereologists from abroad, dismayed at the psychological mess in Britain, came in with B, forward-moving perspectives, and an unpolled consensus was emerging: it was time to get back on course.
Words that rhyme with unpolledbehold, bold, cold, enfold, fold, foretold, gold, hold, mould (US mold), old, outsold, scold, self-controlled, sold, told, uncontrolled, undersold, uphold, withhold, wold
Definition of unpolled in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.