Not liked or popular: unpopular measures Luke was unpopular with most of the teachers
More example sentences
- Iraq is deeply unpopular with the French electorate as a whole.
- Pressing ahead with another referendum would be deeply unpopular with the electorate.
- Yet the move is deeply unpopular in some quarters.
disliked, friendless, unliked, unloved, unbefriended, uncherished, hated, detested, despised, loathed;
unwanted, unwelcome, avoided, ignored, rejected, shunned, spurned, unsought after, out in the cold, cold-shouldered, out of favour, not in the swim, in bad odour;
British sent to Coventry
- More example sentences
- Because they know what follows failure: humiliation and unpopularity.
- Under his leadership, the Tory Party sank to unfathomed levels of unpopularity and contempt.
- Huge success is clearly no bar to unpopularity with Robbie Williams making the hall of shame, despite being one of Britain's biggest stars.