- (Of an act, remark, or state) not thought out or planned beforehand: it was a totally unpremeditated attackMore example sentences
unplanned, spontaneous, unprepared, unarranged, uncontrolled, unintentional, unintended, extempore, extemporary, extemporized, extemporaneous, impromptu, ad lib; spur-of-the-moment, on-the-spot, improvised, improvisatory, unrehearsed, unscripted, unstudied, uncontrived, casual; impulsive, hasty, unthinking, natural, involuntary, automatic; Latin ad libitum• informal off-the-cuff
- Robert Duval, prosecuting, said: ‘This was a single blow delivered by an intact glass in what was an unpremeditated attack by a man who had been drinking since 3pm.’
- "This was not an unpremeditated attack, say the prosecution, and the Crown say this evidence overwhelmingly demonstrates there was cold calculation about the attack upon Mr Turner."
- His curiosity about my vision and experiences served to solicit my unscripted, unpremeditated and fairly stream-of-consciousness truth-telling commentary.
- More example sentences
- Dou Wei's talent in music is unreservedly and unpremeditatedly incarnated in his music esthetics.
- The score evolved unpremeditatedly out of the bluesy alto-saxophone melody at once sensuous and acrid, originally written separately as a piece of source music.
- When this day comes, will all the religions of the world suddenly unite to unpremeditatedly believe the same thing?