Definition of unpremeditated in English:
(Of an act, remark, or state) not thought out or planned beforehand: it was a totally unpremeditated attack
More example sentences
- Robert Duval, prosecuting, said: ‘This was a single blow delivered by an intact glass in what was an unpremeditated attack by a man who had been drinking since 3pm.’
- "This was not an unpremeditated attack, say the prosecution, and the Crown say this evidence overwhelmingly demonstrates there was cold calculation about the attack upon Mr Turner."
- His curiosity about my vision and experiences served to solicit my unscripted, unpremeditated and fairly stream-of-consciousness truth-telling commentary.
unplanned, spontaneous, unprepared, unarranged, uncontrolled, unintentional, unintended, extempore, extemporary, extemporized, extemporaneous, impromptu, ad lib;
spur-of-the-moment, on-the-spot, improvised, improvisatory, unrehearsed, unscripted, unstudied, uncontrived, casual;
Latin ad libitum
- 1unpremeditatedly adverb
- Example sentences
- Dou Wei's talent in music is unreservedly and unpremeditatedly incarnated in his music esthetics.
- The score evolved unpremeditatedly out of the bluesy alto-saxophone melody at once sensuous and acrid, originally written separately as a piece of source music.
- When this day comes, will all the religions of the world suddenly unite to unpremeditatedly believe the same thing?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.