- 1(Of a gas or its container) not having raised pressure that is produced or maintained artificially: in unpressurized air, the vapour levels were too low to trigger a serious fireMore example sentences
- Past studies failed to show a therapeutic difference between hyperbaric and unpressurized oxygen therapy.
- Plants under balancing pressure grew faster than unpressurized plants during the photoperiod of day 3, but slower during the dark period of day 4.
- It was generally observed that roots responded to applied pressure more rapidly if they had first become established in unpressurized medium for 36 h. Thus this initial period of establishment was used in all experiments.
- 1.1(Of an aircraft cabin) not having normal atmospheric pressure maintained at a high altitude: the unpressurized rear fuselageMore example sentences
- At high altitudes in an unpressurized cabin, pilots and passengers will eventually fall unconscious from lack of oxygen, or worse.
- The flying boats carried some thirty people in an unpressurised cabin.
- P - 38's had unpressurized cabins, so pilots wore oxygen masks.
More definitions of unpressurizedDefinition of unpressurized in:
- The US English dictionary