1Not made ready for use or action.
- The day after telling the probe of an unprimed bomb left in plastic bags at her Buncrana house, Mrs McMahon recalled the day the bomb went off in Strabane and she was told ‘it is one of ours’.
- The remaining two-thirds of the trials were unprimed, in which there was no relation between the distractor letters of the prime-trial and the target letters of the probe-trial.
- In the early '70s I paid $3.80 for a box of twenty.25 - '06 unprimed cases.
1.1(Of wood, canvas, or metal) not covered with primer or undercoat.
- His use of bleach to paint directly onto unprimed canvas was a conceptual double whammy - not only did the works have a convincing and beautiful singularity, the subject was reinforced by the connotations of the materials.
- The artist might attempt to disguise them by extending her unprimed canvas beyond the stretcher, suggesting an alternative, almost Arte Povera reading of the work as art object.
- Sometimes paint has bled under the tape - in particular when it was applied to an area of bare, unprimed canvas - and blurred the edge of the line.
Words that rhyme with unprimedunclimbed, unrhymed
Definition of unprimed in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.