Definition of unprintable in English:
(Of words, comments, or thoughts) too offensive or shocking to be published: Peter’s first reply was unprintable
More example sentences
- Watching a not-so-nimble journalist climb a narrow 8m high ladder is, it seems from the reaction of the pros, a fantastic spectator sport but my thoughts are unprintable as I try desperately to cling on to my life - and my dinner.
- ‘I don't want to use any unprintable words,’ the head of assessment and evaluation at the Dyslexia Institute's education centre at York University says carefully.
- HELEN FIELDING'S Bridget Jones burst on our subconscious with a wonderful candour and contributed singleton apart from other unprintable words to our lexicon.
- I have unprintably strong viewsMore example sentences
- We did straw polls in the sections and the replies were unanimously and unprintably opposed to the offer.
- While I didn't make up these stories, I had to make some of them down - they were unprintably creative.
- And Lynch delivers an unprintably funny line about always having to drive the getaway car.
Definition of unprintable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan