Definition of unprintable in English:
(Of words, comments, or thoughts) too offensive or shocking to be published: Peter’s first reply was unprintable
More example sentences
- Watching a not-so-nimble journalist climb a narrow 8m high ladder is, it seems from the reaction of the pros, a fantastic spectator sport but my thoughts are unprintable as I try desperately to cling on to my life - and my dinner.
- ‘I don't want to use any unprintable words,’ the head of assessment and evaluation at the Dyslexia Institute's education centre at York University says carefully.
- HELEN FIELDING'S Bridget Jones burst on our subconscious with a wonderful candour and contributed singleton apart from other unprintable words to our lexicon.
- I have unprintably strong viewsMore example sentences
- We did straw polls in the sections and the replies were unanimously and unprintably opposed to the offer.
- While I didn't make up these stories, I had to make some of them down - they were unprintably creative.
- And Lynch delivers an unprintably funny line about always having to drive the getaway car.
Definition of unprintable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.