- Said, done, or acting without being encouraged or assisted: unprompted remarksMore example sentences
- I mean, completely unprompted and unsolicited.
- No, these were entirely unscripted, unprompted, and for that matter, uncalled for assessments.
- ‘It's Jim Baxter country,’ he says, which is very helpful of him, and more than many an older professional would offer, but it is the kind of unprompted comment that sets off alarm bells in the minds of media-savvy managers.
More definitions of unpromptedDefinition of unprompted in:
- The US English dictionary