Definition of unprotesting in English:
Not objecting to what someone has said or done: I was escorted, proud and unprotesting, to the exit
More example sentences
- The president isn't afraid to take unpopular stances in which he believes: A majority of Americans opposed the war that nevertheless was coaxed down our largely unprotesting throats.
- But both Eva and St Clair die, and Tom is sold again, this time to a brutal cotton plantation owner, Simon Legree, who finally beats the unprotesting Tom to death just before Shelby's son arrives to redeem him.
- I stretched my arms out, took Beta by the shoulder and pulled her unprotesting body close to my breast and her face up to mine.
- Example sentences
- Rather than cause a row, we swallowed our pride - and our irritation - and went on unprotestingly with our work.
- They both stood motionless a moment, and then she reached out, took his ear and led him unprotestingly to the corner.
- But these are as nothing in British eyes compared with the Charge of the Light Brigade at Balaclava, in which some 700 horsemen rode unprotestingly into what every trooper knew was a trap.
Words that rhyme with unprotestingarresting, unresting, westing
Definition of unprotesting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.