Definition of unquenchable in English:
Not able to be quenched: his enthusiasm was unquenchable
More example sentences
- But an unquenchable thirst for victory allied to sheer stubbornness has got this Celtic side where they are and they weren't for ending this game minus all three points.
- Sex without babies, unless of course you are a man with an unquenchable thirst for thirty-somethings - then there's usually no way out: nappies are back.
- Brown's purpose is to meet as far as prudently possible the public's apparently unquenchable thirst for ever more spending on the National Health Service.
- Example sentences
- We journalists become terribly vulnerable when confronted with potential stories that we desperately and unquenchably desire to be true, despite evidence to the contrary.
- The unquenchably popular Anne of Green Gables is once again the lead production at the 36th annual Charlottetown Festival, with a new actor in the role of Canada's most famous redhead.
- As Orlando's attitude toward the gypsies gradually alters, Woolf hints that she is reverting to class and type by perceiving her natural and human surroundings as unquenchably romantic.
Definition of unquenchable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan