Not able to be quenched: his enthusiasm was unquenchable
More example sentences
- But an unquenchable thirst for victory allied to sheer stubbornness has got this Celtic side where they are and they weren't for ending this game minus all three points.
- Sex without babies, unless of course you are a man with an unquenchable thirst for thirty-somethings - then there's usually no way out: nappies are back.
- Brown's purpose is to meet as far as prudently possible the public's apparently unquenchable thirst for ever more spending on the National Health Service.
- Example sentences
- We journalists become terribly vulnerable when confronted with potential stories that we desperately and unquenchably desire to be true, despite evidence to the contrary.
- The unquenchably popular Anne of Green Gables is once again the lead production at the 36th annual Charlottetown Festival, with a new actor in the role of Canada's most famous redhead.
- As Orlando's attitude toward the gypsies gradually alters, Woolf hints that she is reverting to class and type by perceiving her natural and human surroundings as unquenchably romantic.
Definition of unquenchable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.