Accepting something without dissent or doubt: an unquestioning acceptance of the traditional curriculum
More example sentences
- The objective of such a campaign was to stifle dissent, garner unquestioning support, and rally people around a common symbol.
- If hitherto public service broadcasting had been widely accepted in a largely unquestioning way, from Annan onwards old certainties crumbled.
- Secondly, Carl's point about a fourth level not being an unquestioning acceptance is a very good one, and should be read.
- More example sentences
- I seem to recall that 30 years ago, when christening was a rite carried out almost unquestioningly, godparents were often appointed as a matter of course or protocol, and the role meant little more than remembering birthdays.
- Some observers interpret these symbols cynically, as opportunistic, basely commercial, unquestioningly nationalistic expressions of pro-war sentiment.
- The Senate report has determined unquestioningly that Dick Cheney never heard about Wilson's trip.
More definitions of unquestioningDefinition of unquestioning in:
- The US English dictionary