Definition of unquestioning in English:
Accepting something without dissent or doubt: an unquestioning acceptance of the traditional curriculum
More example sentences
- The objective of such a campaign was to stifle dissent, garner unquestioning support, and rally people around a common symbol.
- If hitherto public service broadcasting had been widely accepted in a largely unquestioning way, from Annan onwards old certainties crumbled.
- Secondly, Carl's point about a fourth level not being an unquestioning acceptance is a very good one, and should be read.
- Example sentences
- I seem to recall that 30 years ago, when christening was a rite carried out almost unquestioningly, godparents were often appointed as a matter of course or protocol, and the role meant little more than remembering birthdays.
- Some observers interpret these symbols cynically, as opportunistic, basely commercial, unquestioningly nationalistic expressions of pro-war sentiment.
- The Senate report has determined unquestioningly that Dick Cheney never heard about Wilson's trip.
Words that rhyme with unquestioninggunrunning
Definition of unquestioning in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan