Definition of unrated in English:
1Not having received a rating or assessment.
- Now the circle is complete, so that every reported imprint has either one of the six rarity ratings or is unrated.
- According to Arum's affidavit, the IBF agreed that for $200,000 they would drop their mandatory defence demands and allow Foreman to fight the unrated German Axel Schultz.
- There was a sensational climax to the final of the men's pole vault when unrated Dutchman Rens Blom cleared 5.80m for Holland's first ever gold medal at the World Championships.
1.1US (Of a film) not allocated an official classification due to its level of sexually explicit material.
- The film is unrated but, in the European tradition, there are quite a few casual shots of male nudity on display here - not in a sexual way, but in a police-officers-showering-in-the-locker-room kind of way.
- Blockbuster Video, shopping mall owners and some newspapers banned the NC - 17 and unrated films, the same as they had the ‘X’ rating.
- With such graphic detail, this DVD of the film is unrated as it restores many ‘cuts’ that were deemed too graphic for movie audiences of the time.
1.2 informal Not highly regarded.
Words that rhyme with unratedbelated, elated, mismated, outdated, overinflated, striated, unabated, undated, unrelated, unstated, X-rated
Definition of unrated in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan