1(Of a book or document) not read.
- But to me, a cookbook unused is like an unread book in that it's not fulfilling it's potential.
- He gazed out the window, an unread book resting on his lap.
- Curiosity filling his mind, he opened the new, unread book.
2 archaic (Of a person) not well read.
- I am not a political person, I cannot argue politics as I am unread.
- The second is that their films are about the uneducated, unread, unWesternised and rural-based poor.
- The reader will feel unread, uneducated, utterly exasperated with him or herself for missing the reference entirely.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un¦read
Definition of unread in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.