- 1Not reconciled or converted to the current political theory or movement: he’s an unreconstructed ThatcheriteMore example sentences
- But, contrary to the way outsiders love to categorise the unreconstructed left, they treated those who did not share their belief system with much good-humoured tolerance.
- Like many on the left today, he is an unreconstructed materialist.
- This Government is a bunch of unreconstructed socialists.
- 2Not rebuilt: the area provides a spectacular contrast with unreconstructed streets nearbyMore example sentences
- An awareness of the fragility of civilization was instilled early, though subliminally, by the presence in London during my childhood of large numbers of unreconstructed bomb sites.
- Traditional, unreconstructed local pubs such as this are becoming hard to find.
- Much of the city's old heart was left unreconstructed, until the end of the Cold War.
More definitions of unreconstructedDefinition of unreconstructed in:
- The US English dictionary