Definition of unrefined in English:
1Not processed to remove impurities or unwanted elements: unrefined sugar
More example sentences
- Choose oils that are unrefined and minimally processed.
- Her yoghurts are naturally flavoured using fruit, unrefined sugar and lemon juice.
- ‘We all know that poor diet, eating too much unrefined sugar and not brushing our teeth are causes of tooth decay,’ he says, suggesting that a proper programme of dental education would be a better solution.
2(Of a person or their behaviour) not elegant or cultured.
- Not only do I look like an unsentimental person, but I also look like an unrefined idiot.
- She's smart enough, however, to understand that her beauty and her bankroll will open doors that would otherwise slam flush in the face of an unrefined girl from the Colonies.
- And at 21 he's so unrefined that you can never be sure exactly what he'll do - for better or worse - when he's involved in a play.
uncultured, uncultivated, uncivilized, philistine, uneducated, unsophisticated, unpolished, indelicate, inelegant, ungraceful;
boorish, oafish, loutish, barbarian, coarse, vulgar, rude, uncouth, crude, ill-bred, ill-mannered, crass, raw, rough, rough and ready;
provincial, parochial, rustic