Definition of unrelated in English:
Not related or linked: unrelated facts households containing two or more unrelated people
More example sentences
- I get carried away with my attempts to link the most unrelated posts I can find.
- In the strange world of synchronicity and serendipity that we inhabit, these two facts are not unrelated.
- There was no single cause of the shame, rather a series of unrelated facts.
separate, unconnected, independent, unattached, unassociated, unlinked, unallied, distinct, discrete, individual, uncoupled;
unlike, varying, variant, disparate
irrelevant, immaterial, inapplicable, unconcerned, inapt, foreign, alien, extraneous, extrinsic, peripheral, off the subject, beside/off the point, wide of the mark, not pertinent, not germane
informal neither here nor there
- Example sentences
- The observed prevalence of ‘genotoxic’ carcinogens can then be compared with the prevalence expected based upon unrelatedness.
- The four main characters are quite different from one another in their respective personas but bear great similarity with regard to their shared immaturity, amorality, narcissism, unrelatedness, and general ill will toward others.
- The fields of classification, comparative anatomy, and comparative biochemistry have so many anomalies from evolutionary expectations as better to support the unrelatedness and separate origin of genera or families of organisms.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia