Definition of unreliable in English:
Not able to be relied upon: he’s lazy and unreliable unreliable information
More example sentences
- Research has shown, however, that recall is unreliable and rife with inaccuracies and biases.
- What a pity that Ms Evans' information comes from such an unreliable source.
- Such knowledge as management did possess was vague or unreliable and seldom committed to writing.
undependable, untrustworthy, irresponsible, reckless, fickle, capricious, irregular, erratic, unpredictable, inconstant, mutable, faithless, untrue, flighty, slippery
questionable, open to question, open to doubt, doubtful, dubious, suspect, unsound, tenuous, flimsy, weak, unsubstantial, implausible, unconvincing, unsupported, unsubstantiated, fallible, shaky, rocky;
risky, chancy, disreputable, specious, defective;
inaccurate, vague, untrue, incorrect, wide of the mark, off-target, wrong
informal iffy, dicey
British informal dodgy
- Example sentences
- Percy Shelley was also an avowed atheist - and the Court of Chancery mostly relied on this, not on his infidelity or unreliability.
- The overall unreliability of the study methodology contrasts with the brash confidence of the study report in asserting that the poor desire a sense of well-being over material wealth.
- Compare that efficiency with the recent report that a Scottish businessman is so exasperated with the unreliability of the rail service to London that he has bought himself a private jet.
- Example sentences
- The average wind turbine produces less electricity in a year than the average family car: they produce high - cost electricity unreliably.
- But another part of me likes having a backup network, one that I can reach, if unreliably, from across the street.
- Miller is a first-rate intellectual but an unreliably quirky, quixotically overcerebral, hit-or-miss director.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia