Definition of unrepresentative in English:
Not typical of a class, group, or body of opinion: an unrepresentative minority
More example sentences
- That thoroughly unrepresentative body of millionaires could have a SOCIALIST in its ranks.
- Popular opinion (or some unrepresentative poll) can never be a basis for decisions in a democracy.
- How, scientifically, can we regard them as anything other than personal, unrepresentative opinions?
- Example sentences
- But I don't think that its own judgment of unrepresentativeness can outweigh its obligation to set the record straight once it publishes the original story.
- Of course, there are limitations in such narratives (e.g., unrepresentativeness of sample, self - deception, blindness to motives, errors in memory, wanting to induce a particular reaction).
- There are frequent complaints about Parliament's social unrepresentativeness, particularly its male and upper and middle-class character.
Definition of unrepresentative in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan