Definition of unresisting in English:
Not showing, producing, or putting up any resistance: he pulled her, unresisting, into his embrace
More example sentences
- Somebody sneaks in and chloroforms you, or sprays knock-out gas under your door, and while you are comatose and unresisting, your worldly goods are stripped.
- Just as long as we don't present an unresisting target.
- The book by Strauss that he selects for critique in the First Meditation is so undemanding a pewside read, so unresisting an object for intelligent scorn, that one wonders why Nietzsche is bothering, and evidently so does he.
- Example sentences
- And when she was done, she took his hands unresistingly and pulled him into her irresistible embrace.
- Englishmen would then die unresistingly, and they would go down in history as heroes of nonviolence.
- It's what you've been groomed for, what you've been set up for, what you've been trained to believe unresistingly for all this time.
Definition of unresisting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan