Definition of unrestrained in English:
Not restrained or restricted: a display of unrestrained delight
More example sentences
- In the early days of the market system, he argues, a Protestant ethic kept the unrestrained economic impulse of capitalism in check.
- But clearly, Gus Macdonald's airports review is the beginning of the end for unrestrained growth in air travel.
- His dreams, are wild and unrestrained because they are supposed to be safe; they are, after all, dreams.
uncontrolled, unconstrained, unrestricted, unchecked, unbridled, unlimited, unfettered, unshackled, untrammelled, uninhibited, unconfined, unimpeded, unhampered, unbounded, boundless, unsuppressed, undisciplined, uncontrollable, out of control, out of hand;
outrageous, rampant, reckless, wild, wanton, free, runaway, irrepressible, unstoppable, uncontainable, unquenchable, immoderate, intemperate, inordinate
- Example sentences
- But why did the mostly liberal crowd at last week's Washington premiere - people who like to think of themselves as thoughtful and fair-minded - applaud so unrestrainedly?
- Ellis is unrestrainedly keen, because he isn't as ‘shockingly nervous’ as he says he was during last year's TV debut.
- She squelched back to the car sobbing unrestrainedly, dried and changed out of her wet clothes wailing and cursing.
- Example sentences
- It all came back, a flood of unrestrainedness so contrary to what I have felt myself to be lately.
- From her songs, one can sense the many layers of her personality, the unrestrainedness and the heroic aspect.
- Even if it looks like it's snowing in many of the paintings, for me, the unrestrainedness of the summer and the autumn that always comes too soon are present in these works.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia